New 4 bed 2.5 bath Maine II Model with granite counters and hardwood floors in the Villages at Red Mill Pond. Community features beautiful homesites nestled against one of the largest fresh water l...
4 bd / 2.5 ba
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Current Conditions at 6:05am
Why Use a Realtor®
To Buy New Construction?
1. You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. It might not seem necessary to involve a Realtor® in a transaction where a buyer can deal directly with a builder. However, by using a Realtor®, you have someone to protect your interests and guide you along the right path.
2. It’s not costing you anything extra. Why not have someone look out for your interests? Remember, the sales rep is just that- a representative of the builder.
3. Builders rely on their reputations within the real estate community. Over 80% of their sales come from people working with Realtors®
4. On behalf of out-of–state clients, I pay a visit to local builders to scout the new communities and learn which lots are available, current incentives, inventory homes and spec homes. Just as I call on my experience and knowledge of an area to help, buyers locate pre-owned homes in a community.
5. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market and will take some investigation by your Realtor® to find all available properties.
6. The price is the price. Most builders build in a “marketing fee” in the sale of every home. They’re prepared to pay the real estate agent (buyer’s agent in this case) a commission for bringing the buyer. If there is no agent involved, the builder simply keeps the “marketing fee”. Therefore, if you’re going to buy a home without an agent, it’s going to be the same price as buying one with an agent. How would a builder ever succeed if they sold one home for “x” amount and the same home for a discounted price? That would not help the community appreciate and would not make the current homeowners too happy.
7. If you’re relocating to this area, I can be your resource for more than finding a new home. In addition to providing local area information, I can also stop by the work site, supply you with progress reports and email you photos of various phases of construction.
8. Set up and attend “your” home inspector during the building process. This is something that most builders don’t inform the buyer they are entitled to perform. I can accompany you while you okay the plumbing and electrical locations prior to dry walling, as well as on the walk-through or builder orientation.
9. I can assist you as you face hundreds of design choices and consider which upgrades could potentially add value to the home when it comes time to sell.
10. Realtors® handle hundreds of transactions. Having an expert on your side is critical. A home often symbolizes family, rest & security-it’s just not four walls and a roof. Because of this, buying a home can be an emotional undertaking. For most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you. Having spent years concentrating in new homes sales, I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you if you are considering new construction.
Based on information from Sussex County Association of REALTORS®, Inc. which neither
guarantees nor is in any way responsible for its accuracy. All data is provided 'AS IS' and
with all faults. Data maintained by Sussex County Association of REALTORS®, Inc. may not
reflect all real estate activity in the market. Ocean Atlantic Sotheby's International Realty is a real estate licensee in the State of Delaware.
SCAOR # 09143
Copyright 2013 Sussex County Association of REALTORS®, Inc.